National Strategy for River Restoration
Towards the recovery of the good ecological status of rivers
Development of the work
The National Strategy for River Restoration includes the drafting of several projects to improve the riverbeds and banks belonging to the Júcar Hydrographic Confederation.
The work consists of the drafting of several projects for the recovery of different sections of riverbeds:
- Restoration of the River Serpis in the areas of L’Orxa (Alicante) and Villalonga (Valencia).
- Improvement of the longitudinal connectivity and restoration of the upper section of the Vinalopó (from Bocairent to Biar)
- Restoration of the Turia River in the Gestalgar, Bugarra and Pedralba (Valencia) areas.
- Restoration of the Rivers Júcar, Cabriel and Magro (Júcar System) in the areas of Huelamo, Cuenca, Salvacañate, Requena and Yatova (Cuenca and Valencia)
- Restoration of the River Verde in the areas of Benimodo, Massalaves, Alberic and Alzira (Valencia).
- Recovery of the river morphology and improvement of the plant cover in the lower section of the river Valdemembra (from Tarazona de La Mancha to Motilleja), Albacete.
- Restoration of the medium-high section of the River Jardín and integration with the environment of the Los Ojos de Villaverde lagoon (from Robledo to Casas de Lázaro)
- Restoration of the middle section of the Ojos de Moya river (from Moya to Garaballa), Cuenca
- Improvement of the longitudinal connectivity and restoration in the middle section of the Turia river (from Teruel to Libros)
- Restoration of the river Mijares in the municipalities of Montanejos, Arañuel, Cirat, Torrechiva, Toga, Espadilla, Vallat, Fanzara and Ribesalbes (Castellón).
The project consists of the collection of data and the proposal of actions aimed at the rehabilitation of riverbeds and banks in the aforementioned rivers.